Looking for an easy 5-10 minute makeup tutorial? Look no further. Here is a 11 step-by-step process you can follow.
11 EASY STEPS:
STEP 1) Always start with a Primer. (Essential for makeup to stay on longer. Think of it as painting a wall you first prime it before painting it. It ensures smooth “cake-free” skin.)
STEP 2) Start applying your eyeshadow starting from the outside of the crease inwards, then apply the rest of the eyeshadow on the lid of your eye starting from the inside then working your way to the outside crease. Apply a light to white shadow right underneath your eyes and blend the eyeshadow from your eyelids to the crease upwards to avoid that “Solid” look and make it more subtle.
STEP 3) Start applying your foundation by either using your fingers, beauty blender sponge or Kabuki brush. Dabbing it into your face works better than dragging it in my opinion, because it creates a streak-free skin. Starting from the inside of your face working outwards. (Full face coverage foundation is mainly used when you want to go all out, otherwise for a more subtle daily skin you can use something like a CC cream because it just even your face.)
STEP 4) Start applying the concealer (preferably a shade or two lighter than your natural skin colour) underneath your eyes and next to your nose and blend it in with the beauty blender Sponge/”Tool” of your choice to the corner of your eyes and back in. Make sure you leave no lines behind.
STEP 5) Start applying a Setting powder or Powdered makeup underneath your eyes using a brush or beauty blender of your choice. Then apply on your forehead.
STEP 6) Grab a Spoolie to brush excess foundation off of your eyebrows, then either using a powder, pencil, liquid, gel or mascara (Which is what I normally use to darken and make my eyebrows look fuller.) fill in your eyebrows by just going along the natural shape of your eyebrow.
STEP 7) Start applying your bronzer by tapping the brush into the product and tapping of the excess off your brush and applying from your ears (Where your “Sideburns” start.) and working it all along your cheekbones till in line with your nose. Also bear in mind that you need the bronze your temples all along your hairline all along your forehead to the other side of your face where your “Sideburns” start. (Repeat on both sides.) Preferably also add bronzer on the sides of your nose joining at the tip of your nose and blend in. (For a “slimmer face” you can apply bronzer along your jawline up to your chin then blend it in.
STEP 8) Start applying the mascara of your choice by blinking on your mascara brush or “wiggle” the brush upwards to ensure fuller lashes and do the outsides of your lower lashes to ensure a fuller eye look. Afterwards, apply your eyeliner on the inside of your lids both top and bottom for bigger more dramatic eyes.
STEP 9) Start applying your highlighter by tapping into the product and tapping off the excess and look for the highest point of your cheekbones right above your bronzer and dab it all the way along your bronzer. Almost till the start of your temple. You want to apply a little bit on your cupid’s bow and a bit on your forehead below your bronzer following to the tip of your nose in-between your bronzer and blend in. (It creates a more “Straight and thin nose” look.) Go ahead and apply a little right underneath your eyebrows to lay emphasis on your eyebrows. Lastly also apply a little bit under your chin above your bronzer to highlight your chin a little.
STEP 10) Start applying a lipliner all along the edges of your lips to create a fuller, bigger and dramatic lip. Afterwards, apply your lipstick following the lipliner and blend in. (A matte lipstick is more “Kiss-proof” and lasts longer.)
STEP 11) Start applying a setting spray for a long-lasting look and prevent your make up from “Running” and being spoiled before removing it after the day is done.
- Make sure you wash and cleanse your face before applying your daily makeup.
- Use a beauty blender for any liquid foundations or other liquids. (It just blends better and gives you a “streak-free” face. Also wet the sponge before using, because it picks up more foundation as to when you leave it dry and the sponge absorbs the foundation, which means the product will be in the sponge and not on your face.)
- Use a make-up brush for any loose translucent powders. (It picks up more powder and massages it into your skin for a long-lasting wear and perfectly finished look.)
- Use at least two or more eyeshadows for a more rounded off or dramatic look.
- For a thicker eyeliner look, you can warm the end of the eyeliner with a lighter.
- Applying concealer on your eyes before eyeshadow will brighten your eyes as well as applying translucent powder on your lashes.
- A spoon can also be used as a Mascara shield.
- “Revive” your mascara with some Saline solution.
- Define your Cupid’s bow with an “X”.
- Conceal under your eyes using a triangular shape.
- Use a brush handle as a guide for your Bronzer.
- When buying liquid foundation match it to your neck and not your hand.
- Blend your foundation into your neck and ears, not just your face.